You all must have heard about Solvent Licence Consultant, Petroleum Storage, Peso Licence Consultant etc. But do you know what PESO actually is and what are its major work areas? Today let’s give a look at PESO
PESO - referred to as Petroleum And Explosives Safety Organisation - is a non-statutory body which controls and administers the usage of explosives, petrol stations in India. The major work or area of operation of these agencies include issuing licences for Operation of Petrol Stations, Licences to operate Petroleum Product Transportation vehicles, Licences for Refineries, Petrochemical Complexes, etc. The headquarters of this Department is in Nagpur and is headed by Chief Controller of Explosives and is headquartered at Nagpur.
The major areas of work of PESO:
1. Scrutiny and appraisal of site, layout and construction plans for; Explosives manufacturing factories Explosives storage premises Ammonium nitrate premises Fireworks manufacturing factories Fireworks magazines/store houses and shops Manufacture of explosives at site in Bulk Mixing and Delivery [BMD] Vehicles. Gas Cylinder filling plants CNG Dispensing stations Storage sheds for filled gas cylinders Bulk Storage installations for compressed gases in pressure vessels Auto LPG dispensing stations Petroleum storage installations Petroleum storage sheds Petroleum tank trucks for transportation of petroleum Petroleum cross-country pipelines for transportation of petroleum and gas Petroleum Service Stations. Calcium Carbide storage premises.
2. Scrutiny and appraisal of proposals for approval of design and construction of explosives vans, Bulk Mixing and Delivery vehicles (BMD) for site manufacture of explosives, vehicles for transport of bulk compressed gases/cryogenic liquids in pressure vessels, petroleum containers and tank trucks including its safety fittings.
3. Scrutiny and appraisal of layout etc. of Petroleum Refineries, Petrochemical units, Calcium Carbide premises and Acetylene Gas generating plants for grant of approval thereof.
4. Scrutiny and appraisal of proposals of design, construction, laying and operation of pipeline for transport of liquid hydrocarbons as well as other flammable gases/hazardous chemicals grant of approval thereof.
5. Scrutiny and appraisal of proposals of designs of pressure vessels and their fittings both manufactured in India and imported for grant of approval thereof. Scrutiny and appraisal of proposals of design of Gas Cylinders and valves fitted there to be manufactured in India and imported for grant of approval thereof including LPG cylinder Regulator.
6. Scrutiny and appraisal of proposals of flameproof, intrinsically safe and special electrical equipment suitable for use in hazardous areas laden with flammable gases/vapours, both manufactured indigenously and also imported for grant of approval thereof.
7. Scrutiny and appraisal of proposals of factories fabricating pressure vessels and its fittings for grant of approval thereof.
8. Scrutiny and appraisal of proposals of testing stations for periodic examination and testing of cylinders for grant of recognition to the cylinder testing station.
It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout.Get started Contact Us